Position: MAXIMO Technical Consultant
Business unit: Asset Management Solutions
Location: Hamilton or Montreal
The Createch Group is a Canadian leader in operational performance improvement, supply chain optimization and in the integration of information technology solutions. Since 1993, we offer services in manufacturing and logistics performance improvement, process reengineering, change management and ERP solution implementation. The company integrates proven solutions and applies leading business practices.
The incumbent’s main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop configuration designs, and technical specifications to meet customer needs;
- Assist with providing clients with technology solutions utilizing OO Architecture;
- Work with appropriate managers to develop and deploy applications in, web or mobile environments;
- Complete general programming and integration activities;
- Participate in design, coding and testing of custom solutions;
- Facilitate clients through a requirement discovery process;
- Prototype and document requirements;
- Provide customer and sales support as needed;
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations.
Essential skills and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- 3 or more years’ experience in programming in consulting environments;
- Must have experience with Windows based personal computer productivity products;
- Expertise with J2EE architecture and proven ability to design, develop and deliver applications utilizing various components of the technology;
- Expertise with web development tools and technology, particularly JAVA, JSP, HTML, XML, and SOAP and REST based web services;
- Expertise with modern programming languages, relational databases and operating environments, particularly Java, Windows, and Oracle or MS SQL Server databases;
- Exposure to MAXIMO 7 business objects and having worked on modifying them in a real customer implementation;
- Experience with MAXIMO Business Object customization;
- Experience with the MAXIMOIntegration Framework (MIF);
- Experience with WebSphere and or WebLogic application server
- Business acumen with customer focus and experience working with external customers;
- Database application development using PL/SQL or Transact-SQL;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical issues into business language as well as conduct in depth technical discussions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work as a team member and as a liaison with customers;
- Analytical and innovative with the ability to collect data, analyze information and develop feasible recommendations;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects/tasks.
- Self motivated and able to work in a team.
- Bi-lingual (English – French) skills nice to have
What about the advantages of joining us?
Aside from joining a professional and dynamic team, you will be entitled to our compensation plan and various other benefits, but above all, you will have the opportunity to be part of a great team.
In addition to:
- Professional development
- Profit sharing
- Group insurance from the first day of employment
- Bell Canada Employee Benefits (Pension Fund, Profit Sharing Plan and Employee Discount Plan)
If all these features speak to you, then do apply! The Createch Group offers competitive salaries and equal opportunities for all. If you meet the job requirements and are looking to take up engaging challenges, please send us your resume.
We thank you very much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Createch Group is committed to employment equity and diversity.